East Weymouth, Massachusetts
1.2
Additional Fees

So it started with my AC leaking water into the basement. I called New England Heating & Cooling (NEHC) to have a look. They came in and said I needed a new condensate pump. The pump was installed, and on that same day, I was mopping my basement again because, obviously, the pump hadn't been the problem. They were nice enough to come back in again for free and "blow out the lines" to make sure that they were not clogged (this should have been the first thing to try instead of installing a new pump, if you ask me). About a week later, the unit started leaking again. At that point, I was $350 in and NEHC told me that I "probably" needed a new condensation pan, which runs at about $1,000 or so.

Since my AC unit was only 1.5 years old, I called the guy who installed it to get a second opinion. He said it is highly unlikely that the condensation pan in a gas unit cracks after such a short time, and he also said that applying pressure to the lines would just push the gunk back into the system, but not remove it. What needed to be done was vacuum the lines with a wet vacuum to see whether that fixes the problem before you spend a fortune on a new condensation pan. When I told NEHC about it, I was told that they don't want my business anymore and I should stop calling them.

So in summary, I spent $350 on NEHC and my unit is still leaking. The worst part, though, was their complete lack of professionalism. Before I had them install the pump, I asked the owner whether they honor the Yelp coupon which gets you $50 off. He said that would be fine. I also asked him whether I could use a credit card for the remainder, and he also said that was fine. However, when the pump was installed and the guy called in to have my credit card charged, he was told the machine was broken. So I had to cut them a check instead, asking them not to cash it for a week to avoid overdraft fees on my checking account. So far, so good.

When I spoke to him next to tell him that the unit was still leaking after they put in the new pump, he gave me an attitude about (a) using a Yelp coupon because he doesn't have a clue how to get paid through Yelp (even though the coupon was created through his own business account and the information is easy to find), and (b) giving his guy a check that can't be cashed for a week (even though it was his credit card machine that was conveniently broken when I tried to pay by CC). In addition, I was told that no one had responded to the multitude of messages I left on his voicemail because his phone system had been down for a couple of days... I think you are beginning to get the picture here.

At that point I was fed up with this guy and told him he better get someone over quickly to fix the issue if he wants to avoid the kind of review that I am writing right now. So they came in, blew out the pipe, the unit is still leaking, and now they refuse to come back again to finally fix the issue. So first they install a pump which I am still not sure that I needed, and now I am stuck with having to call someone else to fix the issue I already spent $350 on... Never again. Terrible attitude, questionable business practices.

To this day, I haven't even received so much as a receipt from them about the services performed, so I would not believe what their website says about the 2-year warranty on their services. The guy that serviced my unit wasn't even aware that they gave such a warranty. He said he was going to email me a receipt. Yeah, right.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $350. chriskof is overall dissatisfied with New England Heating And Cooling. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Utility category for more informed decision or compare New England Heating And Cooling to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with New England Heating And Cooling?

Comments